Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012

Tell me everything is gonna be alright

When Ava was little, her mother used to walk up and down the hallway with her baby brother trying to sing him to sleep.

People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one, and we've just begun,
Think I'm gonna have a son.

Even when he was older she sat down on the edge of Micah’s bed every night and sang to him.

He will be like he and me, as free as a dove, conceived in love,
Sun is gonna shine above.

One evening when Ava was nine, she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth, listening through the closed door. Her mother’s voice sounded shaky.

And even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey,
And everything will bring a chain of love.

For once Micah didn’t ask for a repeat. He hadn’t spoken all day. When her mother came out of his room there were tears shining in her eyes. That night she disappeared.

And in the morning when I rise, you bring a tear of joy to my eyes,
And tell me everything is gonna be alright.


(Strictly speaking this isn't a real drabble as it contains more than 100 words, but subtract the lyrics and there you go. "Danny's Song" was written by Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina who first performed it. Later it was covered by Anne Murray and lots of other talented people.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen